Reminder: Tonight on Alberta; Sprockettes, photos, and more

Posted by on August 28th, 2008 at 1:10 pm

On tour with the Sprockettes Day 1-31.jpg
See this and other shots from
my road trip with the Sprockettes.
(Photo © J. Maus)

Just a reminder to stop by the Breeze Block Gallery (NE 10th and Alberta) tonight for a special, Sprockette-themed art and photo exhibition.

Tonight will be the opening of my first photo exhibition and I’ll be sharing images from a recent road trip to California when I followed the Sprockettes on their Operation Bike Nation Tour. I’ve selected 22 of my best shots from that week-long trip (and they look much better printed by a professional photo lab than they do on a computer screen!).

Stencil_Tiago-10.jpg
Tiago DeJerk

Joining me will be photographer Sarah Eastman and stencil artist extraordinaire Tiago DeJerk. Mr. DeJerk is the man behind the awesome mural in my office and paintings at Cyclepath Bike Shop (among other things).

Along with the paintings and photos, the Sprockettes will perform (at 8:00) and there will be tables, information and nice folks on hand from the non-profit Bike Farm, Belladonna Cycles, and Black Star Bags.

All my photos will be for sale as framed (nothing fancy but nicer than just a print) for a reasonable price (still nailing that down). Your purchase will help me keep the lights on around here, help pay for my upcoming trips to Maryhill, Seattle, (and Amsterdam?!), and some new camera gear I need.

The fun starts at 7:00 and go till about 10:00. The Breeze Block is located at 1011 NE Alberta Street. Hope to see you there!

Comments
  • J August 28, 2008 at 1:56 pm

I will be there…hooray.

• Red Hippie August 28, 2008 at 3:04 pm

Can you post a link to your pictures and prices. Given the wife\’s very pregnant status and the zoo of parking at Alberta tonight, we probably won\’t be able to make it. I would be nice to still see your pictures.

Cheers

• Icarus Falling August 28, 2008 at 4:49 pm

Congratulations! Being as my commute right now to this event is a logistical nightmare, I won\’t be able to attend.

I would like to encourage Alberta visitors, since you will be at Tenth and Alberta anyway, to come by MLK and NE Alberta, only mere blocks away, for Grass Polo, after 6:30, in the lot on the NW corner.

• Jammers August 28, 2008 at 4:54 pm

I hope to make it tonight!

• Tony P August 28, 2008 at 5:52 pm

Is there any place on alberta that is likely to be showing the Obama speech tonight? I want to go but don\’t want to miss the speech.