Enjoy the weekend

Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on May 30th, 2008 at 5:07 pm

We've come to the end of yet another interesting week here at BikePortland.org...but I can't possibly sign off for the weekend with such a depressing story as the top article.

So, here's a photo that will hopefully get you in the weekend mood...

Mt. Tabor. (Photo © J. Maus)

See you at the Voodoo Doughnut Parade and don't forget to share your weekend bike fun and adventures in the comments below!

Possibly related posts

Comments
  • Paolo May 31, 2008 at 3:42 am

Watching the Giro. Online...
    Today is the Gavia and Mortirolo.

• Pdxmike May 31, 2008 at 1:07 pm

Tonight I\'m doing a little bike surgery, and if everything heals nicely then tomorrow I\'ll be taking a nice lap around Sauvies Island!

Fresh strawberries are a great motivator!

• Jonathan Maus (Editor) May 31, 2008 at 2:40 pm

I loaded up the Mundo with a bag of chicken feed and two big wooden screen doors..beautiful day for riding!

• Opus the Poet May 31, 2008 at 3:00 pm

Is that a velociraptor on the lead bike?!?

Opus

• Crash N. Burns May 31, 2008 at 7:11 pm

Opus, here in Portland we put the Velo in Velociraptor. (or is it velociraptors on velos..?)

• Mark C May 31, 2008 at 7:32 pm

Rode from home in NE Portland out to Hillsboro and did the club ride with Portland Velo. Great day for riding! 61 miles total. Caught a ride back home as the legs were a little too tired to ride back, plus I\'m hoping to get another ride in tomorrow.

• hanmade June 1, 2008 at 3:19 pm

At the Satlight Parade last night The Davinci Days group had a great assortment of whacky pedal poweder vehicles. It was phenom! I would much rather see a large parade of zany bikes and pedal powered floats than some of the other behemouth motorized monstrocities I witnessed last night. They just kept reminding me of the petro problems of the world, instead of letting me escape them for a short while in a parade. Next year let\'s do a Bikeportland showcase of pedal power in the parade!

• suburbanite June 1, 2008 at 6:42 pm

Five of us rode out to Crown Point in the Gorge this morning. We had intermittent drizzle, but had a good time and a very nice ride. The weather kept the traffic very light. Saw several other bikes doing the same.

• Richard S June 1, 2008 at 9:35 pm

My wife and I also rode with the Portland Velo Saturday. We rode too and from the start - so our total was 75 miles, some of which were pretty hilly.

We started out with the 19 MPH group - trying to take it easy. Somehow or other, we ended up with a bunch doing 23, before finding our way back to the 19\'s. It\'s hard to take it easy at 23.

• Grimm June 2, 2008 at 7:41 am

Last Saturday of the month = Radderday. Footdown, sprints and bike polo. Good times.

Sunday I attempted to destroy my legs by doing a fast ride around Sauvies and up into the hills at a good pace. Hopefully itll help for the start of the Mt Tabor series.

• the other steph June 2, 2008 at 8:21 am

went a-ridin\' with the VBC crowd in SE portland after swinging by the alternate transport folk at Madison Square. it was great to see!

• E June 2, 2008 at 8:35 am

Got my non-bikey BF on a bike for a little yard-sale action yesterday. It was great fun & we scored some major deals - good thing I got new panniers last week, I needed the cargo space! We finished up at Ladybug for hot drinks, snacks, and Willy Week. We only did a few miles but non-bike-boy enjoyed himself enough to be willing to do it again. :)

• Jose Rodriguez June 2, 2008 at 9:14 am

The Voodoo Parade was absolutely Gorgeous. It was awesome to see such a great sized event for a donut shop. I love this town.

A few of us also rode 100+ miles through the Gorge. It was my first time doing the ride and I did it Single Speed. We headed out to the Bridge of the Gods on the Washington side and then back on the Oregon side. The ride was great, after we pedaled through some horrible cold rains at the beginning. After that I was able to work on my pro-biker tan.

Watched Cyclism Sundays yesterday & lounged.

Great bike weekend!!!

• Ashley June 2, 2008 at 10:31 am

I hung photos for Cycle Seen on Saturday, and met the awesome cyclists behind the artwork. Sunday I worked on rebuilding a bike, and then went on the Pothole Art & Hazard ride with Daniel and other folks, sweeping up glass, decorating dangerous potholes and storm grates, and calling them in to the city. We rode to St. Johns from SE and back. A beautiful day for riding.