Cielo Dock Sale runs through the 29th

A friend asks for help and updates the condition of hit-and-run victim

Posted by on May 12th, 2008 at 10:24 am

A friend of Erik Davidson’s — the man who was critically injured in a hit-and-run on Saturday — has left a comment with an update on his condition and details about how the community can help.

Here’s what Brina Bolanz writes about Davidson’s condition:

“…as of yesterday he had not regained consciousness…His extensive injuries include head, back, kidney and knee… Please send your best energy toward his recovery. He will certainly be hospitalized for many months.”

And how the community can help:

A website has just be set up for information and assistance for Anna-Carin [Erik’s partner]. Anyone can sign up there and we will be adding information and help-needed requests and we determine them.

Erik and Anna-Carin were in the process of adding a second bathroom in order to more quickly sell their house… at this point… building assistance in finishing up the bathroom, and afterward general yardwork etc. to maintain the property for sale would be helpful.

also… any professional advice on how to proceed medically, financially and legally would be gratefully appreciated. There seems to be a good knowledge base here. You are welcome to contact me through the site and I will get you to Anna-Carin.”

If anyone would like to get in touch with Brina, email me at jonathan [at] bikeportland [dot] org and I will forward your message onto her.

NOTE: At BikePortland, we love your comments. We love them so much that we devote many hours every week to read them and make sure they are productive, inclusive, and supportive (heck, sometimes we even fix your typos!). That doesn't mean you can't disagree with someone. It means you must do it with tact and respect. This is our business and we do not tolerate mean commenters who add nothing of value to the discussion.

Unfortunately, we are not robots and we don't always catch everything. You can help by notifying us if you see inappropriate comments. Thanks! — Jonathan and Michael

Comments
  • tonyt May 12, 2008 at 4:52 pm

I\’ve signed up and look forward to helping out along with the other readers of this site.

• a.O May 12, 2008 at 5:03 pm

Me too.

• Joe Rowe May 12, 2008 at 9:15 pm

I signed up. There is no way to donate online. It seems the website is just getting started. I may just drop off some cash. My own mom has open heart surgery. I wish there was a way I could donate online quickly. This is a good way to help bike and pedestrian victims who are injured by motor vehicles. As more victims happen, this can help them heal by getting to know each other. Portland can lead the way in being bike friendly, educating car drivers, and helping those who are victims of car drivers.

• larz May 14, 2008 at 8:41 am

for updates on eric\’s condition go to:

• Mary Stupek May 31, 2008 at 5:29 pm

If there is a way to donate online please let us know. If not and someone needs to set it up, please let me know and I will contact a local bank and set that up.