Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on December 4th, 2007 at 11:43 am
PDOT is holding its second 82nd Avenue Transportation Safety Open House this evening.
Come find out what’s being proposed for implementation along the 82nd Avenue corridor to make things safer for vulnerable roadway users, and give us your thoughts and feedback. Swing by and find out more!
Second PDOT 82nd Avenue of Roses High Crash Corridor Transportation Safety Open House
St Anthony’s Catholic Parish Church – Church Hall
3618 SE 79th Avenue (at Rhone)
Corridor improvements currently being proposed for implementation include amongst other things -
* Pedestrian refuge islands
* ADA compliant curb-ramps at sidwalk corners
* Sidewalk construction where portions are missing
* High crash intersection & signal study and treatment
* Increased education efforts along the corridor, including the new 82nd Avenue “I Brake For People” pedestrian safety campaign
* Stepped up Portland Police Bureau traffic enforcement along designated 82nd Ave SAFE corridors (Stragetic and Focused Enforcement Corridors)
Community and Schools Traffic Safety Partnership
City of Portland Office of Transportation