Page Two
Welcome to Page Two; where we post tidbits that aren't quite ready for the Front Page. Want more? Browse the Page Two archives.

Order your very own "I brake for people" bumper stickers

Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on October 31st, 2007 at 10:52 am

Order yours today! Operators are standing by at (503) 823-SAFE (7233)

Remember PDOT's new "I brake for people" pedestrian safety campaign I posted about a few weeks ago?

Now you too can be the proud owner of the cool bumper sticker shown above.

Here's how:

Contact the Traffic Safety and Neighborhood Livability Hot Line at (503) 823-7233 or safe@pdxtrans.org to order one or more bumper stickers. Please be sure to give the following information:

• Name
  • Mailing address with zip code
  • Number of bumper stickers requested

For more pedestrian safety facts, figures, and fun, check out PDOT's pedestrian safety page.

Possibly related posts

Comments
  • Jessica Roberts October 31, 2007 at 2:51 pm

Do they make them in bike size or only in car size?

• Schrauf November 1, 2007 at 8:53 am

Where can I get one of those bright red \"I parked in a bike lane\" stickers to slap on the back of the next offending car I see?

That is what we really need.

=)

• VeloDüd November 7, 2007 at 9:40 pm

How about River City Bicycles new ad in Willamette Week, with an arrow pointing to the right, reading \"Please Check Your Blind Spot\"? I\'d slap that on my car and my bike.

• Caoimhin November 8, 2007 at 12:16 am

Bike bucket panniers (sold at CitiBikes) are perfect for bumper stickers.
    I think a great bumper sticker would be:
    \"Please Yield to Cyclists in Bike Lanes\"
    I\'ll probably make one myself.

• tonyt November 8, 2007 at 10:59 am

Hey, I just got my stickers in the mail, and they included this awesome little pamphlet on pedestrian law; the most important being that any public intersection is a crosswalk, marked or unmarked, and cars and bikes!!! must yield.

I called PDOT to get a bunch of them.

I know it\'s not a bike thing, but I\'m convinced that if ped laws are enforced, it will make the roads safer for all.

If anyone has a business, call PDOT and get some of those pamphlets to display at your checkout counter.

I plan on carrying some with me so if I ever get into a \"discussion\" with a driver, I\'ll have the pamphlet to prove my point.

Spread the love, yield to a pedestrian today!

• mike_khad1 February 13, 2008 at 11:20 am

How come there is no one on a bicycle on the bumper sticker.