The Sprockettes, like you've never seen them before

Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on October 5th, 2007 at 11:20 am

Last week I had the pleasure of doing a photo shoot for the beautiful and talented mini-bike dance troupe, The Sprockettes. During the shoot, someone suggested forming the letter "S" with their bodies.

That went so well, I figured what the heck, let's go all the way. Here's the result (I like how their arms look like links in a chain):

Photos © Jonathan Maus - Click to enlarge

Possibly related posts

Comments
  • encephalopath October 5, 2007 at 11:38 am

They look like cross sectioned pasta....mmmm.

• Mike October 5, 2007 at 11:51 am

I really really like this shot. In fact take it a bit further have the picture made into a print... a print/poster what ever. Not that it isn\'t a great shot already but have them do it again, have them do a real bang up job then shoot it and turn it into a print. No doubt since they have so much support in Portland you could sell many there but you would also have people like me who have seen them but are not local who would buy it. In fact I\'d hang it framed on my dining room wall so I could see it while I eat my yummy dinner. Think about it.

Toodles,

Mike

Nebraska

• Jonathan Maus (Editor) October 5, 2007 at 11:55 am

thanks Mike. that\'s an interesting idea. the above is actually just a quick-and-dirty version. I plan to clean it up, do some cropping, and make it look much better for the final image.

I\'ll have to think about the poster idea...

• wsbob October 5, 2007 at 1:05 pm

Looks like a bang-up job to me. I just don\'t see any bicycles, bicycle parts, or anything much suggestive of bicycles in the shot, which doesn\'t make a lot of sense, sorry. Unless of course, name familiarity of the Sprockettes with bicycles is sufficient in your view.

• n8m October 5, 2007 at 2:28 pm

i dig it. little more pshop work on the seams etc and its a great image for further promotion.

• Lee Hoffman October 6, 2007 at 9:07 am

Great Vision!! Have this for purchase at the Saturday Market, Borders ,and a bike shop near you ....Sprockettes belong to Portland Portland belongs to the Sprockettes.

• Bearhat October 7, 2007 at 2:02 pm

reminds me of pasta. love it.

• Nature Boy October 7, 2007 at 4:57 pm

I find it quite disturbing on Freudian proportions that looking at my friends in the sprockettes makes people hungry for pasta. Warn them Jonathan, warn them of the cannibals in the bushes.