Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on August 20th, 2007 at 10:04 am
This position is now closed. Thank you.
Alta Planning and Design is a 25-person consulting firm with a mission to provide green infrastructure and program solutions that help people have active daily lives. We specialize in bicycle, pedestrian, trail, park, and greenway planning, design, and implementation, in addition to outreach and education programs. For more information, see our website at www.altaplanning.com.
Alta Planning and Design’s Portland office is seeking an experienced Document Manager/Graphic Designer.
This position involves designing and editing documents and managing print production and schedules for Alta’s proposals, reports, brochures, and cut sheets. This position additionally involves managing several e-newsletters and assisting with design and content updates for Alta’s website.
The ideal candidate for this position has strong desktop publishing and layout skills, is an expert Word user, and has graphic, marketing, writing, and editing skills. Must work well in a deadline oriented environment and be able to prioritize multiple projects.
Required skills and experience include:
• B.A. or B.S. in English, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Graphic Design, or other relevant field
• Advanced to expert Word user; experience producing complex layouts in Word and other software programs
• At least three years of desktop publishing and graphic design experience with Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator
• Detail-oriented and enthusiastic, strong organizational skills, takes initiative
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workloads, and manage complex schedules
Desired skills include:
• Technical editing/writing
• MS Office Suite of products (Power Point, Excel, Access, Publisher, Outlook)
• Experience with HTML and designing online content
Salary range: $40,000 – $45,000 depending on experience, with competitive benefits and a dynamic, fun, fast-paced work environment.
Please send to Virginia Morgan by e-mail or snail mail: resume, 3 references, and portfolio that indicates relevant experience by August 31. Contact Virginia Morgan with any questions.
1638 NE Davis
Portland, OR 97232
503 230-9864 fax