Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on August 17th, 2007 at 5:44 pm
[Updated 8/17, 10:23pm]
Here's the word from the Oregonian blog (full story):
Portland police say a 46-year-old driver appears to have intentionally used his car to strike two bicyclists who were riding along Southeast Clinton Street this afternoon.
whom police haven't yet identified (see below), were taken to Oregon Health Sciences University with non life-threatening injuries.
Also on KGW (full story):
"It all started around 12:30 on 1000 block of Southeast Clinton Street. Police said 46-year-old Johnny Eschweiler was driving along when he reported a cyclist kicked his car. Officers said Eschweiler sped up and hit the cyclist, who rolled onto the hood of the car, smashing the windshield.
The car continued on about 75 feet, sideswiping a car and hitting a truck before turning a corner where another cyclist heading towards the car was then hit, investigators said."
FOX12 has reported the names of the cyclists: 25-year-old Ben Ramsdell and 41-year-old Timothy Mastne.Email This Post Possibly related posts
- DA details charges against driver
- Clinton Street road-rager pleads insanity to attempted murder, assault charges
- Road rager's insurance pays $100,000 to injured rider
- Man who intentionally ran over Mike Luther found guilty of assault
- Second cyclist unrelated to altercation, but driver could still be responsible