Advertise on BikePortland

New date, venue for Oregon Handmade Bicycle Show

Posted by on June 18th, 2007 at 12:36 pm

Organizers of the first ever Oregon Handmade Bicycle Show have nailed down 18 exhibitors and they’ve got a new date and venue.

The Oregon Bicycle Constructors Association — a new industry group formed by local builder Andy Newlandsoriginally planned for the Multnomah Athletic Club, the show will now be held on November 11 at Miller Hall, in the World Forestry Center atop Washington Park.

So far, the list of confirmed builders includes:

Wolfhound Cycles head badge.
(Photo: Wolfhound Cycles)

More exhibitors are expected to attend and it’s looking like this will be a great show.

NOTE: At BikePortland, we love your comments. We love them so much that we devote many hours every week to read them and make sure they are productive, inclusive, and supportive (heck, sometimes we even fix your typos!). That doesn't mean you can't disagree with someone. It means you must do it with tact and respect. This is our business and we do not tolerate mean commenters who add nothing of value to the discussion.

Unfortunately, we are not robots and we don't always catch everything. You can help by notifying us if you see inappropriate comments. Thanks! — Jonathan and Michael

Comments
  • gabrielamadeus June 18, 2007 at 1:26 pm

wha?! held at the zoo and zoobomb builders not invited?

• Disco D June 18, 2007 at 2:37 pm

Good. After the last post about the MAC club where someone drug up the dress/conduct code I am glad to see the venue get changed :)

• Hawthorne Rider June 18, 2007 at 3:07 pm

Hey, cool – that\’s on my birthday! (and my 30th, natch). Perhaps I\’ll start asking for a Sweetpea bike?

• Austin Ramsland June 18, 2007 at 3:47 pm

Thanks for the post on the update Jonathan. We actually have a couple more builders to add to the list:

Co-Motion
    Human Powered Machines
    Ira Ryan Cycles
    Pacenti Cycle Design
    UBI

And Gabriel, if you or other Zoobomb builders want to show off your craft, we would love to have you. Drop me a line at austin at sweetpeabicycles dot com.

• SKiDmark June 18, 2007 at 5:03 pm

There are probably just as many freakbike builders as the are \”legitimate\” builders in town. I would love to show a bike or two, and I bet the other Dropout Bike Club members would like to as well.

• psyclist June 19, 2007 at 9:07 am

Say it ain\’t so, that\’s the same day as the Single speed world cyclocross and state cyclocross championships in Estacada. How late is this shin dig going to last? I\’d love to see it, as I am sure others would, but \’cross comes first, ya know? I would think the more accomadating you can be the better, there are a lot of \’cross racers that ride the custom rigs, it\’s sorta where the sport began.

• clown July 27, 2007 at 10:06 am

Do clown bikes count?
    They are really Huffys and Magnas under the sweet paint I don\’t know if they will be fancy enough.
    Dingo