Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on June 1st, 2007 at 8:29 am
Job Title – Outdoor Educator & Bicycle Tour Co-Facilitator
Company/Organization – Sustainable Energy in Motion Bicycle Tour
Highly Competitive – Depends on Experience Approx Schedule: July until mid-September with possible extensions To Apply: Send cover letter + resume + pay expectations (PDF format preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sustainable Energy in Motion Bicycle Tour is seeking experienced, motivated, dynamic individuals to join our team as an Outdoor Educator and Tour Co-Facilitator. TF’s will be on the road with each three-week bicycle tour, spending half the time biking, the other half driving the Support and Gear Van. Supported by office staff and on-tour volunteers, the TF’s are responsible for all on-road details of facilitating a 15-30 rider bicycle tour.
About SEiM Tours (www.democracybike.com):
Using one of the most sustainable means of travel – a bicycle – tour participants explore real examples of local businesses and communities working together to create thriving regional economies and environmentally sustainable societies.
Ideal applicants would have the following qualifications:
- Teaching experience
- Experience with outdoor multi-day camping tours and dealing with large-group dynamics (15-30 people per tour).
- Some cycling experience
- First Aid / CPR certified, and WFA/WFR certs preferred
- Alignment of sustainable values and lifestyle goals with those of SEiM bicycle tours.
- A strong leader who leads by example and by being in service to others
- Responsible, respectful, tolerant of dissimilar views to one’s own, organized, punctual, and able to adapt to rapid changes in plans
- Good driving record and capable of driving a cargo van
- Commitment to a drug/alcohol free lifestyle during the tour
- Able to comply and enforce stringent tour policies.
- Personal knowledge and experience with sustainable or organic farming practices, permaculture, CSAs, farmer’s markets, and ecovillages
- Familiarity with sustainable concepts such as biodiesel, alternative energy, composting toilets, and greywater
- Completion of a Permaculure Design Course is a great plus.
- Skilled in mediation, conflict resolution, or nonviolent communication
- College classroom hours in biology, ecology, landscape architecture, geology, agriculture, or economics
- Experience leading bicycle tours
How to Apply
Send cover letter + resume + pay expectations (PDF format preferred) to hiring(at)democracybike(dot)com