Posted by Jonathan Maus ( Publisher/Editor ) on February 6th, 2007 at 1:53 pm
Job: Program Leader – Kid’s Programs for the The Community Cycling Center
About the Position
Do you like riding your bike and working with kids? Then come join the Community Cycling Center’s program team this spring.
This spring we’ll be leading our Bike Safety Clubs at 7 elementary schools in North and Outer SE Portland, and will be partnering with the Safe Routes to Schools program to offer the Pedal Power after school program at 6 additional schools.
The successful candidates for this position will have passion and experience working with diverse and low-income youth, an interest in bicycles and a bicycle of their own, and experience in facilitating groups of kids. This is a part-time, seasonal position that will run from late February through June. Fall season leaders will be well-positioned for work during our summer season if interested.
• Conduct program sessions teaching youth bicycle safety following the CCC model
• Maintain a safe environment, ensure the safety of all participants at all times
• Interact positively as a mentor for participating youth
• Ensure materials are prepared and in place for leading program
• Collect necessary data to evaluate aspects of programs.
• Conduct yourself in a professional manner
• Be a good ambassador for the CCC
• Report to Program Manager
• Experience facilitating groups of youth.
• Experience working with low-income and diverse youth.
• Mastery of all program content including but not limited to basic bicycle maintenance, safe riding skills, cooperative teamwork concepts
• Commitment to the concept of environmental sustainability.
• Some knowledge of grass-roots organizing and loyalty to community-based initiatives.
• Enthusiasm for the programs
• Ability to work and interact with volunteers and members of CCC.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Respect for and commitment to diversity, teamwork, and progressive social values.
• Ability to share work space.
• Criminal background check required
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
PAY RATE & BENEFITS:
Position: Program Leader
Benefits: No benefits with this position
Pay range: $9-11 per hour
FTE: 0.3 – .5 flex schedule (12-20 hours per week)