New Lucky Lab has indoor bike rack

Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on March 21st, 2006 at 10:48 am

VJ of AltPortland.com just sent me this photo (see below) of an awesome new indoor bike rack inside the new Lucky Lab Beer Hall in Northwest Portland. This new location officially opens with a big party this Friday, but insiders like VJ have already checked it out.

For more info on the new Lucky Lab, check out VJ's review on AltPortland.com.

I plan on checking this out for myself, along with finding out what's up with the newly remodeled Bridgeport Brewery, also in Northwest. Last I heard they forgot one thing in the remodel...bike parking. When I called and asked about it, they said I could lock up to "the railing out front." Doesn't sound very good to me.

I say we all go to the new Lucky Lab and show Bridgeport that we put our money where are bikes are!

Possibly related posts

Comments
  • Ayleen March 21, 2006 at 11:17 am

There are going to be some great bike events happening there this summer too. That's all I can say for now, but stay tuned! The folks at Lucky Lab are pretty great.

-Ayleen

• mike b March 22, 2006 at 12:45 pm

there are many things to like about the lucky lab. unfortunately, their beer isn't one of them if you are a vegetarian.

the lucky lab puts gelatin in all their beers. there is no good reason to use this ingredient, which "is created by prolonged boiling of animal skin, connective tissue or bones" (wikipedia). tell them that sucks!

to see a list of all the local breweries that choose not to use gelatin see: http://www.foodfightgrocery.com/downloads/vegbeer.pdf.

• Jim F March 22, 2006 at 4:19 pm

There is no reason to put gelatin in their beer. They could easily do without it.

Of course, IMHO their beer has more serious problems than that!

• Ken March 23, 2006 at 10:35 am

Don't get me started about the remodeled Bridgeport in NW. They completely ruined that place which used to be a very comfortable place to hang out **and** it used to have indoor bike parking! Doesn't any more, no siree. Wouldn't want those pearlites to have to see dirty bikes safely parked inside.

3 cheers to Lucky Lab for picking up the torch. Bummer about the gelatin. As a vegetarian I will have to write to say that I can't drink their beer anymore until they fix that. Double bummer. While I don't think their beer is in the top 5 in the city its certainly not at the bottom either. Sits squarely as an enjoyable beer in an enjoyable setting in my book. Well, used to I guess.

• [...] King Cycle Group, whose headsets will adorn some Tour favorites, just announced their plans. Last year they rocked the Southeast Lucky Lab on every stage. This year they’re moving the party to the new Lucky Lab in Northwest (they’ve got indoor bike racks) where they’ll show replays of the coverage from 5-7PM every day of the Tour (except rest days of course). [...]

• Chris July 11, 2006 at 9:53 am

I haven't been by the new Lucky Lab yet. The lucky Lab is always a great place to meet up (casual, big enough for groups - is the new NW location the same?)
    Also agree that Bridgeport blew it. Stopped by last week on a bike ride - no place to lock up your bike, no more slices, no more big, open, inviting open atmosphere. Just white tables cloths and $12 individual pizzas -
    what the...?