Posted by Jonathan Maus ( Publisher/Editor ) on November 30th, 2005 at 12:06 pm
Just one week until the BikeCraft Faire! Here’s an update followed by a plea for help in spreading the word…
In addition to an impressive list of very talented and bikey artists and crafters there are a few surprises that you won’t want to miss:
- The Community Cycling Center will be sharing their Bike Art Program with us! This will be a fun table for kids big and small to make stuff out of recycled bike parts.
- Dingo (from the Alberta St. Clownhouse) will be there with his “Museum of Bike Weaponry”. I haven’t seen any of these pieces yet but given what I know about Dingo, they will be provocative and funny.
- Joe Biel (founder of Microcosm Publishing) will bring his bikey t-shirts, patches, and stickers including the popular “Put the fun between your legs” T-shirts and the ubiquitous chainring-heart drawing that we all know and love.
- *Newly added artists include: Justa Louise-Phillips, Joy Johnston, David “Chops” Darby, and Ben Salzberg.
- There are so many great things coming to the Faire that it would be tough to list them all!
And now a few logistical notes:
- The BikeCraft part of the event will run from 4-8PM for one-day only (Dec. 7th) and will overlap with the Shift Winter Social.
- There is ample and secure indoor bike parking at Urban Grind.
- I know it’s not the most well-known location, so print out this map if you need to.
- You can download flyers here.
Now, the trick is to get as many people as possible to come and see it all…and that’s were I can use your help. I’m pretty sure the word has spread through the bike community, but it’d be great if you could tell all your non-bikey co-workers and friends to stop by and check out the Faire on their way home from work. If you can print flyers and put a few in your office lunch area, or put them up at your favorite coffee place that would be tremendous.
And for all you Portland bloggers, you’re more than welcome to post about it! ;-)
Thanks for your help, stay tuned for last-minute developments, and I look forward to seeing you all at the Faire!